Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Upcoming!

So life has been pretty tame lately, with the exception of that snowstorm two weekends ago...

Work at the Huntington has been a steady force in the Life of Keelia. Having such a solid place to work at as a freelancer is rare and wonderful; I am pretty much employed through the spring. Things will not be so calm for the month of March, however.

Starting next week, I'll be in Washington D.C. for 10 days to work as a production assistant at a political event. A friend of mine, a fellow stagehand/freelancer in Boston, got the job from a contractor company and thought of me when they needed more hands. Lucky for me, my boss at the Hunt is awesome and told me I can come back afterwards. I have never done this before-- never been to D.C. either-- and so am excited and a little anxious all at once. It sounds like we may not have a lot of time for sightseeing or visiting due to a pretty intense schedule, but I am looking forward to it all the same!

(I realized today that I have almost no 'professional' clothing and went on a TJ Maxx rampage. My mother has kindly agreed to send me some items from home in VT, too, which is one of the many reasons she is awesome!)

After D.C. I will be at the Hunt for 2 weeks while working evenings and weekends with Moonbox Productions again, this time as their Master Electrican/Assistant Lighting Designer. I am very excited to work with this company again (the show is A New Brain; more info to come!) and a little nervous for the responsibilities involved. My LD is Jeff Salzberg, an old friend and co-worker, and he is a very patient teacher above all else. So hopefully all will go well. We are using some fun equipment-- source 4 LED's, IQ's, wireless DMX for lights embedded in the moving set piece-- so that will also be new.

And finally, at the end of March, I'm taking a week off to go to Florida with my cousin Patty on her spring break and visit my best friend Meg from the summer. Meg works at Orlando Repertory Theater, so we will stay with her, go to Disney, and see some relatives!

Wish me luck this month :) busy busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment