Thursday, October 24, 2013

San Francisco!

After quite the cross-country journey, Krissy and River and I arrived in San Francisco with nowhere to stay. Her sublet deal turned out to be a scam. We made the best of it though; I stayed with a friend of a friend out in Oakland for a night before finding a cheap hotel in town, and we got plenty of sightseeing in!

 We walked up some of those famous hills in the city...they are indeed extremely steep.

 I admired lots of cool architecture like the geek I am.

 Me and River and our local friend spent some time at this park, Mission Dolores, between the Mission and Castro.

 Walking to the Jason Mraz concert that we attended courtesy of Krissy's friends in the local 16.

 The America's Cup stadium the local 16 made and manned for many events and concerts during the competition.

 We spent a lot of time walking at the piers.

 The Castro was probably my favorite neighborhood.

 Brian and I went to a reserve by mistake, instead of the park we were supposed to meet everyone at...it was a nice hike, that's for sure! Mt. Sutro

The actual rendezvous:  Tank Hill Park.

I really enjoyed San Francisco. The atmosphere and the people were very chill; everyone I met was very nice. We spent some time with the local 16 stagehands, which was awesome-- I hope to see them again. What a trip it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment