Friday, March 11, 2011

Summer Stock Applications

It's that time of year again....or rather it was, about a month or two ago. In January, I sent 20 applications to various summer stock theaters across the U.S. for internships and other positions in both electrics and stage management. This week I've sent out a few more, as waiting to hear from most of these places can be tedious and anxious. With only 5 rejections so far, I don't feel I can settle for working in Vermont or from home just yet. Wish me luck!

My other news regarding theater is sadly limited. There's a beautiful theater that I walk by every day on my way to class, and I may see if they'll take a semester-long volunteer worker, since I'm going a little crazy without theater in my life. I went to see a production at the great Teatro Isabel la Católica, but my Spanish still isn't advanced enough to really understand everything that happens during a show. I wanted this semester to be a break from the crazy schedules and fast-paced life that I led for 3+ years since starting college, and even before, and that is certainly what it's turning out to be! At least I know my History of Art class is really helping my design skills; and the architecture I've seen, the new cultures, and especially my Islamic Culture class are really opening my eyes to the world. I'm really fascinated by the Arab world and seeing la Alhambra in person was really incredible: hopefully my theatrical experience in the future will reflect some of what I'm learning here. 


Elections for the Saint Michael's College Drama Club are coming up! Members sent nominations in this past week for all the positions, which include: President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Technical Liaison, and Student Association Representatives. I will not be running for the executive board for next year, but I'm definitely planning to remain an active member! Good luck to all who are running!

No comments:

Post a Comment