Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Packing and more

Packing packing packing! I head out to Ithaca tomorrow to start work at the Hangar theater, I am very excited! It feels good to be graduated. This week after the wedding and everything has been filled with running errands, doing house and lawn work, seeing doctors and dentists before I ship out, visiting with my brothers and sisters, and organizing my stuff. Hard to believe how much unnecessary stuff accumulates over 21 years. I'm really going to miss my dog and birds this summer, though.

After the summer, we'll see what happens! I've applied for one job in New Haven CT which I am pretty hopeful for. I may apply for a few more, though it's good to know I could do well in VT for a few months, working at the Flynn, the Barre Opera House, and more. I really enjoy working overhire with the union at the Flynn theater, they're great people. Most recently I worked on Beauty and the Beast, and I was put on the weight rail, loading weights to the counterweight system as scenery and electrics were put on the pipes. That was awesome, if heavy, work. I will keep you posted!

I just watched the Les Mis movie trailer, which has theater people in a buzz right now. It looks good so far! Anne Hathaway is landing a lot of unusual roles lately, good for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment