Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy New Year!

Wow, has time been flying or what? I haven't posted in a month or so, as my Dad pointed out to me over the holidays.

December was a pretty awesome month, involving lots of work on scenery at the Huntington Theater in Boston on Our Town and Invisible Man; snow; visits home for my Grandma's 80th birthday and again for Christmas; electrics work with an awesome company called Moonbox Productions; fun times with my friend Meg from the summer in Ithaca; and New Year's with Anna & Steve, my friends who got married recently and are living in Norwood.

Some of the work I did on Our Town (being, y'know, the woods expert around here)

A fun piece of Invisible Man for the electricians... we did a lot of rigging on this ceiling beast

Walls, beams, flooring, and more going in for Invisible Man
I was very happy to be working with the Hunt, and hope to continue to work with them during the winter and spring. Our Town has been extended until January 27th; Invisible Man opens this week and shows through February 3rd. For more information, visit the Hunt's website.

I was also pleased to work with Moonbox Productions on their recent show Of Mice and Men, which was a hit. Their next show will be A New Brain in March, and I am very excited to be working with them again. Moonbox partners with local non-profit organizations for each production they do to raise awareness, which is an awesome use of great theater.

January will be an interesting month of networking and planning for me. I would like to get out of Boston for the summer this year, but the logistics of my apartment and returning to the city and such are TBD. (Not to mention getting a job for the summer!) The month has kicked off well, however, with a few days of work at the Hunt and also at Central Square Theater, and with a quick trip home to visit (and do laundry). Some things don't change...
Me & my cousins <3 br="br">
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment