Thursday, March 13, 2014

2014!

Wow, it has been a while since I've written! After finishing The Importance of Being Earnest, we jumped right into rehearsals for the next Moonbox show, which was Company. I had a few more responsibilities on this show including booking rehearsal spaces, which is mainly what I spent December and January doing. I did have some time off to go to VT for the holidays, though :)

I worked freelance during that time as well, mainly with BeNt Productions and Emerson College. I taught a workshop on freelancing in technical theater at KCACTF Region 1 this year, which was a blast. Over 25 people showed up to hear me talk about my experience in the past few years, both while in school and after graduation, freelancing in this field-- I tried to cover everything from how to start networking and getting on the radar and choosing where to go, to tax forms and tool kits and advice on resumes and lifestyle. It was a lot, but I planned for a long time beforehand and it turned out to be quite enjoyable! Please feel free to comment/contact me for the information I presented.

In January, I worked on the strike for Robin Hood at the American Repertory Theater and wound up with a run crew gig for the next 2 months on their next show, Witness Uganda. So I'm working backstage at the shows instead of building the sets or focusing the lights, which is something I haven't done in a long time! That show, which promotes and benefits the Uganda Project, closes this weekend. I'll probably write a separate post about my experiences on that show, which have been great.

In February, Moonbox opened Company, which was a huge challenge for us. We all learned a lot, I hope-- I know I did! Company ran for month at the Roberts Theater down at the Boston Center for the Arts.

Lastly, my most recent news is personal: I am, as of this past Monday, the proud Auntie to a second nephew! Logan Christopher Liptak was born in the early morning to my sister-in-law Kate and my brother Dan; their first kid. I'll be heading home next weekend after Witness Uganda is closed and struck, and I can't wait to meet Logan.

Thanks for reading! More updates soon on my recent shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment