Sunday, September 4, 2011

Townhouse Living

So we've made it through week 1 of school here at St. Mike's, and my friends and I are sufficiently settled into our townhouse in the 200's to write a little bit about it.


The 200's is a little neighborhood of 4-person apartments on campus. There are 4 series of townhouse, the 100s through the 400s. I live in 220 with 3 friends, Jess, Becky, and Molly, and we are loving our house and the friends who stop by constantly. In fact it's a challenge to get work done with the independent living and enjoyment we get! I guess this is why townhouses are usually for seniors, to prepare us for real-world living, and to give us one last issue to overcome.

We have a limited meal plan and have to cook for ourselves a lot.


The 200's townhouses each have a large living area and kitchen in the downstairs. The living room comes with a couch and 2 chairs, a little table, and a larger dining room table with 4 chairs. The kitchen has an oven and fridge, sink, and cabinets. Upstairs we have 4 single bedrooms and a large bathroom. The bedrooms have large closets, a desk and chair, and a bed. Molly and I, having both studied abroad, decorated with pictures and maps from Europe, as well as posters. The 200's have actual plaster walls, unlike the concrete freshman dorms, which is nice. 
Classes have started up as well. I am taking Spanish Lit (which is extremely hard), Theater Lab (where I work in the shop and will be on stage crew for the show in November), Early Christianity, and Shakespeare. I thought about signing up for another class, but it would put me in credit overload with SMC's new credit system, and I'm glad at this point because Spanish Lit and Shakespeare are very challenging. 
Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I know those townhouses well...ENJOY and have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your senior year Keelia!! So happy you're in the 2s, best place to be!

    ReplyDelete